WHI is in Tenino, Washington, USA.
View Wolf Haven International in a larger map
This term our Big Idea for Challenge Based Learning is Survival. The essential question we are trying to answer is 'What Impacts upon Survival?'
Our guiding questions are-
- What is survival?
- What affects our chance of survival?
- How can we help endangered animals survive?
- What is happening to cause habitat loss?
- Why do people struggle to survive in other countries?
- What affects the survival of our natural environment?
Some interesting facts we learnt were:
- A dingo is a sub-species of a wolf
- Wolves are a part of the dog family, also known as canid family
- The best way for wolves to survive is to stay in areas where their are no humans
- The prey on weaker animals in herds when they are hunting
- Only two human deaths have occurred as a result of wolves
- Wolves are hunters but they also scavenge food
- Wolves teeth are designed to tear meat a a part
- Wolves are an apex predator which means they are at the top of the food chain
- Wolves live in packs that hunt other animals
Some new and interesting vocabulary we discovered-
We will be presenting our work completed about this Skype soon...stay tuned!
What do you know about wolves?
What other endangered animals do you know about?